this is my take on 50s rockabilly. pants.macys all other clothing from Target. was at a 50s themed luncheon and dressed accordingly. smile
boots-torrid, belt-taget, shirt-logos, pants-avenue trying the shirt half tucked i saw in the gap ad. love it enjoy
Chasing your addiction
This picture of a girl walking an aligator reminds me of how I handle addiction. My food addiction that is. Most days I feel like it walks me and then I get a handle over it and then I am back to the races to go through it. When will I ever be able to skin that puppy errr alligator and be done with it. Grrrrrr. Feeling so uninspired earlier this week and then I get glimpses of reality. Really, I think it is a love hate relationship and really hard to get away from it no matter how we dress it up. Fat fat fat plump curvy vuluptuous jelly rolls lumpy bumpy celulite big boned double chin lazy glutton….this is what is the cost of being friends with this reptile called food addiction.
New project….the new color station for the salon. Have to strip sand and prime and then paint and then seal will document each step….tee hee gotta love the projects….
This reminds me of so many things.
1. My wonderful grandmother who raised me
2. That no matter how we are we are always choosing to wear our crown. That I am a daughter of the most high king and I can boldly wear my crown and walk with my head held high.
3. That no matter how many ailments and that if my eyesight is going I am still young at heart.
4. That I can have the eyes of a child no matter what age.
5. That wrinkles are something to embrace and are a sign of great wisdom and years well lived.
6. That I miss my grandma so much that it hurts. I was to be the type of old woman that is full of grace and kindness and gentleness. I pray that my heart would always be tender like a young child.
recently went to Scarborough Faire and if I knew where I could get this outfit I would make it in a heartbeat. love love it . I am a musical fan via 1950’s and I would love to wear this out. I found this picture on Pinterest with no reference as to where I could get it. darnnnn but thayt is what a tailor is for…..mmmmmm
5 months into the transformation….checking in
So recently I was thinking about this blog and why I am doing this. The things I have learned thus far. I am surprised at my artistic bent. Edgy feminine styles with soft undertones. Let’s see this is May it is is 5 months into the project.
1. Body acceptance much higher. I am wearing my short sleeves proudly. Loving those batwings because it is my arms that help me to create and do what I love.
2. Started blog
3. Went o.c.d. on researching blogs to see how to do them and which ones that I return to and inspire me.
4. Found a clothing stylist who came over and helped to clear out all of my closet and got rid of all the bad clothes i.e. ill fitting , baggy, old style, bad colors, bad textures. It was quite liberating actually. Gave me ideas and clarity as to what was my style. She said and I have to totally agree that I was hiding under all my clothes. So, as a result all my new wardrobe consists of proper fitting clothes and undergarments. I feel like a grown up actually …..awwww not really …..but I do feel like a more sexy lady.
5. I am only spending money on clothes that I actually love and enjoy. I gave away all the unwanted clothes to goodwill, and consignment stores. That was liberating actually. My closet is clean and organized. And laundry day is better and quicker with less clothes. Comments from people are usually asking if I have lost weight and my response is “no just wearing clothes that actually fits”.
6. I am exploring different career choices.
7. I am actually having only a once a week grubby clothes day i.e. sweats and gym clothes. So the transformation is working. Consistancy is key i think.
8. Highlight…buying clothes at new york macy’s …. Actually wearing skinny jeans and loving it.
9. Skin care: hired a facialist to do chemical peels and git rid of age spots. Been an evolution. Got kate somerville products been using them faithfully with great results.
10. Got braces. Yes that is right….braces in thier full glory. Part of the process I think.
11. Shoe dilema….I can not wear pretty high heeled shoes to work. I think I am going to do what Mr. Rogers did and change out of the high heels at work into sneakers. This way I can save my back. Will let you know how this works out.
12. Going to chiropractor to get my back in line again. I am on a 6 weeks cours. Will let you know how it comes along. Means 30 min of rehab strengthing exercises and 30 min treadmill 3x a week.