5 months into the transformation….checking in
So recently I was thinking about this blog and why I am doing this. The things I have learned thus far. I am surprised at my artistic bent. Edgy feminine styles with soft undertones. Let’s see this is May it is is 5 months into the project.
1. Body acceptance much higher. I am wearing my short sleeves proudly. Loving those batwings because it is my arms that help me to create and do what I love.
2. Started blog
3. Went o.c.d. on researching blogs to see how to do them and which ones that I return to and inspire me.
4. Found a clothing stylist who came over and helped to clear out all of my closet and got rid of all the bad clothes i.e. ill fitting , baggy, old style, bad colors, bad textures. It was quite liberating actually. Gave me ideas and clarity as to what was my style. She said and I have to totally agree that I was hiding under all my clothes. So, as a result all my new wardrobe consists of proper fitting clothes and undergarments. I feel like a grown up actually …..awwww not really …..but I do feel like a more sexy lady.
5. I am only spending money on clothes that I actually love and enjoy. I gave away all the unwanted clothes to goodwill, and consignment stores. That was liberating actually. My closet is clean and organized. And laundry day is better and quicker with less clothes. Comments from people are usually asking if I have lost weight and my response is “no just wearing clothes that actually fits”.
6. I am exploring different career choices.
7. I am actually having only a once a week grubby clothes day i.e. sweats and gym clothes. So the transformation is working. Consistancy is key i think.
8. Highlight…buying clothes at new york macy’s …. Actually wearing skinny jeans and loving it.
9. Skin care: hired a facialist to do chemical peels and git rid of age spots. Been an evolution. Got kate somerville products been using them faithfully with great results.
10. Got braces. Yes that is right….braces in thier full glory. Part of the process I think.
11. Shoe dilema….I can not wear pretty high heeled shoes to work. I think I am going to do what Mr. Rogers did and change out of the high heels at work into sneakers. This way I can save my back. Will let you know how this works out.
12. Going to chiropractor to get my back in line again. I am on a 6 weeks cours. Will let you know how it comes along. Means 30 min of rehab strengthing exercises and 30 min treadmill 3x a week.
- curvyville posted this